Extending GENESIS Functionality
The Workflow Paradigm provides an organizing principle for development and
extension of G-3. The GENESIS software platform can be extended by either
extending the functionality of an existing Software Component or adding a
new software component. The following links give examples of how to perform the
steps required to achieve these goals.
- Workflow 1: Add New GENESIS Component: To add a new
component to the G-3 software platform, it must be created, defined in the
DeveloperPackage and integrated with the automated regression
- Create the new software component. Use the DeveloperPackage
script neurospaces_new_component for initialization of the
directory layout and creation of configuration and makefile scripts
that are used to interface with the DeveloperPackage.
- Add Component to the DeveloperPackage
- Create regression tests (this document describes how to create
a test for the PulseGen object which was afterwards moved to
the Experiment package.
- Workflow 2: Extend GENESIS Component: As an example we
describe how to extend the functionality of the Model Container and the