GENESIS Developers Meeting
San Antonio October 28-30, 2009
Wednesday-Thursday: UTSA Biotechnology, Sciences, and Engineering
Building Rm. 2.210.
Friday: UTHSCSA Research Imaging Institute (North Greehy Campus,
McDermott Bldg) Library Rm. 2.610.
Tuesday October 27
Evening: Dinner 7pm County Line BBQ off I10.
Call Dave Beeman for time: 720-270-6865.
Wednesday October 28
Theme: Model Visualization and Analysis with GENESIS
- Hugo: History of GENESIS - > problem statement.
- Allan: The CBI federated software architecture.
- Hugo: GENESIS G-Shell and Neurospaces Studio.
- Mando: G-Tube, the GENESIS GUI.
- Dave Beeman: Overview of auditory cortex model.
Outline network model visualization and analysis requirements.
- David Senseman: Turtle visual cortex model, motor neuron
Outline single cell and network model visualization/analysis
- Kay Robbins: Overview of DAVIS.
Outline of DAVIS functionality. Model visualization/analysis
Group Discussion Topic: What graphical tools should G-3 provide for analysis of
activity in a network model?
Thursday October 29
Theme: The GENESIS Publication Paradigm.
- Hugo: Overview of the GENESIS Publication paradigm.
- Allan: The GENESIS Documentation System.
Group Discussion Topic: (1) Requirements and implementation of the
GENESIS publication paradigm. (2) Development of an outline/workflow for the
GENESIS Publication paradigm.
Theme: GENESIS alpha release and beyond.
- Report on progress towards an alpha release.
- Scheduling of the alpha release.
- Choice of alpha testers.
- Alpha tester reporting requirements.
Group Discussion Topic: Criteria for “readiness” of alpha, beta, and initial 3.0
Friday October 30
Theme: Auditory system meeting.
Attendees from UTSA and RII.
Afternoon (3-5pm): Final discussion and conclusions.